Thursday, July 2, 2009

Embracing Texas


Since I am going to be a Dallasite (Dallasinian? Dallasan?) soon, I decided to stop complaining (okay not really) and embrace my new home state. I have taken to the interweb and made some great discoveries about my new home...

Dallas is the birthplace of some great celebs, including Aaron Spelling, Demi Lovato (not sure who she is but she is famous and thus important), Jesse Plemons (Landry from Friday Night Lights), Josh Henderson (don't pretend like you don't know who that is), Lacey from Rock of Love (awesome!!), Lane Garrison (who know...the guy from Prison Break who killed someone), Meat Loaf (I always thought he was British...probably because he ran around a castle with a cape on), Peter Ostrum (Charlie form the original Willy Wonka), Tara Conner (did you hear MTV might bring back Singled Out with her in the Jenny McCarthy/Carmen Electra role?), and Vanilla Ice ("no...there's was da da da dada don don and my beat is da da dadada don don"). Also, Kourtney Kardashian went to college in Dallas. And Jessica Simpson and President Bush live there.

And not only is Dallas home to celebs, some excellent movies and TV shows have been filmed there, including Debbie Does Dallas (duh), RoboCop, Barney & Friends (who knew?), Wishbone, Batman & Robin, Boys Don't Cry, and Office Space.

The record high is only 112 degrees.

The Dallas County Sheriff is a lesbian.

The Ritz-Carlton in Dallas was named 2009 Best US Hotel and restaurant inside was named 2009 Best US Hotel Restaurant. Thanks Zagat!

Dallas is home to 15 billionaires, placing it 9th worldwide among cities with the most billionaires.

I will be living 5.8 miles from the nearest Waffle House and 2.2 miles form the nearest Whole Food.

Dallas...I am on my way.

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Your forgot to mention how close you will be to me and Austin! Wicked will be here Aug 12-30, but I will be out of town 20-24, so let me know what days would work for you and I will see what tix are available...and I will let you know in the next week about Britney. Love ya Stevie G!

nrozier said...

You've never met me before, but I found your blog through my sister Lindsay Rozier and I cannot get enough of your snarky comments and wit. Your g-chat diet post and London water bottle shooting story had me in tears I was laughing so hard.

I am secretly hoping that you don't make any new friends in Dallas so you are forced to turn to writing in your blog for solace. Okay, not really, but would you do your adoring public a favor and post more often?

The Gilberts said...

Yay Steve! The best is for last - I have discovered "Dallas" the
80's TV show, and in case you haven't, may I recommend you give seasons 1-2 a try. Justin introduced me to it and it is quite addictive and entertaining. Its essentially the 1st soap opera/ drama designed for late night viewing and it is very eighties. (It also ran for 12 seasons). My hope is that this will help bridge the gap to make you into a real Dallasite. More updates please!

M and M said...

You also forgot to mention your brother, sister-in-law and adorable nephew live there too :)

M and M said...

The second season of Prision Break was filmed here, and Cheaters as well. So pretty awesome.

Unknown said...

Demi Lovato is one of the biggest Disney stars of 2009 with Camp Rock being her big debut of sorts. Get with the program Steve . . . :) p.s. i miss sitting on the couch and talking with you and betsy. best days of my life . . .

Liz "The Best" O. said...

UPDATE

betsy said...

Where did you go?????????? You moved to Dallas, we get it. Then what?

betsy said...

And yes, I am commenting so you will feel obligated to comment on my blog