Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cuz I Don't Want to Miss a Thing...

My little family (which did consist of myself, argyle sweaters, polos, DVDs and 6 open Burt's Bees chapsticks), expanded this week to welcome a new little baby: TiVo!It is a decision we all have been thinking about for awhile. I had to assure my DVDs , especially the West Wing seasons, that even though our family is growing, I will continue to find time for them.

But on the plus side, I can now watch every show on my own time! No more watching missed episodes of 30 Rock or Brothers & Sisters online with commercials. As I type this, TiVo is making sure I am not missing one second of Paula Deen cooking pork chops with 3 lbs of butter, Joel McHale ridiculing the The Hills girls ("it was a hamster...now it's a guinea pig"), or Tyra actin' a fool on any of her 5 shows.

It is going to be a great Fall season! I am referring to both the argyle sweaters I can wear AND the shows I can record.

6 comments:

lindsay lark said...

Your life just got 1000% better. Seriously, it's pathetic, but I'm not sure how I ever existed sans TIVO.

P.S. I'm just living in SLC going to grad school and wasting my life away watching the new 90210, Gossip Girl, etc.

lindsay lark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Twin,
You are funny. Please still remember the days of watching Brothers and Sisters season one online with the commercials... it is special in my heart. haha!

meggan said...

Argyle AND striped sweaters, don't downplay your versatility. I can't wait to hurry back to town to meet the new little guy, I can already tell that it will be love at first sight!

A and L said...

this better not mean that i will see you less.

i don't blame you though, i wouldn't want to miss a second of a spaghetti-eating cat.

betsy said...

First, I just have to saw that I love the title of your blog. Its so now, so present. I don't think I've ever told you that. Second, I do believe that Tivo has taken any possibility that you may ever, even a tiny bit, have a desire for children. We are never gonna work out.