Saturday, May 24, 2008

License to Drive

While I was home in California a few weeks ago, I decided to get a new driver's license picture since my license was up for renewal. My old picture featured a fatter, shinier Steven. And while I do enjoy using the old picture to prove I use to be "husky", it was definitely time for a new one.

So I journeyed down to the local DMV and spent about an hour waiting for them to take my picture. Having my cell phone with me, I spent the hour texting my frustration about being at the DMV (like "wow...the dmv only employs god's chosen people" and "The guy next to me is cleaning his glasses with his tongue").

When it came my turn, I stopped texting, tucked my phone in my pocket, and tried to look as normal as possible. Right as the lady was about the click and take my picture, someone texted me back causing my phone to vibrate. Without thinking, I went to get my phone right as the picture took. I wasn't able to see the picture at the time, but the lady that took it giggled when it popped up on her screen. I knew this was going to be a good one.

Well, now I know what I look like right before I answer the phone.



6 comments:

meggan said...

I am hurt that I never got a text about the guy next to you cleaning his glasses with his tongue. I will cherish these pictures forever, thank heavens I have them saved on my computer.

Shannon said...

maybe you were never husky... maybe you just aren't photogenic causing weird facial expressions to puff up your face before a shot?

think about it.

great to see you at the concert last night!

betsy said...

you can't hide beautiful Steve... can't hide beautiful

A and L said...

wow. have you been tanning with meggan? and happy birthday buddy.
-aaron

elise said...

um... hello old friend!

saw meggan's post & thought it would only be appropriate to wish you a happy birthday! hope you have a good one.

ps- nice tan in the new DL pic.

pps- the DMV is the WORST! brings out the dregs of society.

Unknown said...

omg, how have i never seen that old pic!

i thought we had shared all of our fat pics.

anyways, cool sig. really, you should be famous.