Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Life, Libertyland, and the Pursuit and Happiness

This past weekend I was able to see the Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, and the Washington Monument all without leaving Utah County. Now where could one go to see all these great sites?

LIBERTYLAND!


So if you happened to be driving on I-15 Saturday afternoon, then yes...that was me riding a roller coaster through Mt Rushmore. If you haven't been, now is the time to go. For $12, you can ride the Rush-Coaster twice, take a spin around the go-cart track, and still have enough tickets left to experience Freedom Fall. And by going on these rides, you will see ever person that works at the park...all 3 of them. The gal who worked the lever on the Freedom Fall was the same gal who pulled the lever on the slurpee machine.

My sister, cousin, and I decided we needed a full redneck day so we also went to Cabela's or as I like to call it "IKEA for hicks." Have you been there? This place has:

Fish tanks

Fake animals


George W. Bush


A shooting gallery


And lots of orange!
Now I don't wanna hear anyone complain about how there is nothing to do in Utah ever again!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

take me next time!

betsy said...

Ride through Mt. Rushmore, 12 dollars; That second picture of Stevey on the ride through Mt. Rushmore... priceless

elise said...

okay, is this place new? because i saw mt. rushmore when i was up there last week & i could have sworn that it wasn't there before...

Danielle said...

You crack me up! Good job on updating the blog...I would love to see some funny pics you took with your new mac and the photobooth :-)

meggan said...

Ah cabelas. You truely had a weekend that represents my childhood. Welcome.

Ps: did Mount Rushmore still have the huge spider on it? AND, could you touch it when the coaster rolled by?

Breckan said...

i'm so glad you did a post on liberty land. when i saw mt rushmore from the freeway my heart skipped a beat and i haven't stopped thinking about it since then. thank you.

A and L said...

sounds like my kind of day.

Snipaw said...

Cabella's is IKEA for hicks but isn't it still great to go in there?