Thursday, October 23, 2008

T.P. Crew


On Thursday, I decided to take a little break from my lab and run up to Thanksgiving Point to visit the J. Crew Warehouse Sale. I thought I could find a little striped or argyle beauty to add to my sweater family. Unfortunately, this warehouse sale was a major disappointment, because:

1. All the clothes looked so sad. If these same clothes had been placed on clean hangers instead, I probably would have bought more. Nothing looks good thrown into a cardboard box.

2. I cannot search for clothing. I am the worst bargain shopper. The clothes need to be placed right in front of me. My hunter/gatherer skills are just shot.

3. I have never seen so many Utah moms in one place. I cannot even begin to count all the conversations I overheard that began,"Oh my gosh, I saw on your blog..." And of course, all these moms brought their little Joyellens, Starlenes, and Brextons with them and let them run all around the store. A little Johoshua even tripped me up as I reached for a marlin swimsuit.

However, my luck changed when I found the perfect pair of sweatpants...blue, soft, and comfortable. Since I practically live in sweats, I thought these would be the perfect purchase. And they were only like $3.75.

For the rest of the day at work, all I could think about was slipping into my plush sweatpants. So the second I walked into my home, I ran into my bedroom and threw them on. But my hand suddenly felt something in my pockets. Something that was much rougher than normal pocket lining...

A KLEENEX!! BUT NOT ANY KLEENEX.....A USED, WADDED-UP, GROSS TISSUE!!! WITH STAINS!

I swear...I almost threw up! My first instinct was to throw the sweatpants into a fire and take a long shower to wash the dirty off. As my friend Rachel Zoe would say "I came THIS close to losing it today." Although I guess it wasn't a total waste. The nice mom standing in line with me gave me a 10% off coupon for friends. I am not sure why she didn't give it to her to buddy Raynette, but whatever.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Steve! You poor thing! This makes me tremble with fear at the thought of wearing anything that I bought (although luckily, some of it was still factory wrapped)! I weep for your tragedy.

lindsay lark said...

Your first problem? Going on the final day of the sale. Rookie mistake. Stick with me, friend, and I'll show you the ropes.

P.S. I physically shuddered when I read about the kleenex.

meggan said...

Sick sick sick sick! Geez I am glad I didn't go with you. The only thing that could have made that worse was pushy salespeople from the outlet...

meggan said...

ps: excellent use of the Zoe quote.

M and M said...

love the little kid utah names. so true.

iyouandme said...

That is SICK. I can just imagine you freaking out.

Breckan said...

steven, you're funny. just thought you should know.